I was trying to create a more decadent recipe for the holiday season when I developed these almond cranberry delight cookies. These beauties are absolutely delicious and perfect for any occasion. In addition to the almond flour, I have also used some oatmeal to give them a balance of wellness and taste. They have a crowd-pleasing texture and taste. Do give them a try.
I just blended some almonds in a blender until the powder stage. I like them better than the store-bought almond meal. So aromatic, flavorful, and has a bite to it. You can go for the store-bought almond meal or almond flour if you have it handy. I have tried it, the cookies turned out just fine.
Just that the home ground almonds powder has some larger chunks in it which gives these cookies a great bite.
This is an eggless recipe and can be easily made vegan. Just substitute butter with coconut oil and condensed milk with an equal volume of heavy coconut cream and sugar. I made it once. They turned out great. But coconut flavor came out loud and strong and it would be better to call them coconut almond cranberry cookies!
I normally make small batches of cookies. As a mother of two, I have to balance the health and indulgence for my kids. Having fewer cookies means more healthy snacks for my little ones. Just multiply the ingredients depending on your family size or temptations.
Some basic tips
* All ingredients should be at room temperature.
*Measure all ingredients as leveled cups or spoons.
* Refrigerate the cookie dough before final shaping. It just makes your task easier.
* Once you see the edges of your cookies starting to turn golden brown. It is the time to pull them out of the oven.
* When taken out, let the cookies cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes.
* Let these almond and cranberry delight cookies cool completely over a cooling rack before storage.
So let us get making.
Almond and Cranberry Delight Cookies
- 1 Cup All-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Oatmeal
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ¼ Cup Condensed milk
- ½ Cup (1 stick) Butter
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon Baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Almond extract
- ½ cup Dry cranberries coarsely chopped
- In a bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy using a hand or stand mixture.
- Beat in condensed milk and almond extract.
- Mix all the dry ingredients (all-purpose flour, almond flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and baking soda) in a bowl.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal-sized balls and place 2 ½ inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 0 F for 13-15 minutes until outer edges become slightly golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before removing the cookies onto the cooling rack.
- Let them cool completely.
- Enjoy or store.